What is mindfulness and why bother?
The focus of this workshop will be to explore these important questions for both practitioners and people teaching mindfulness. Because if we do not know what we are doing or why we are doing it, what is the point of doing it and how do we know if we are doing it correctly. If teaching mindfulness to others do we really know what we are teaching and why we are teaching it.
This workshop will underpin the mechanics of mindfulness from its original source within the ancient wisdom traditions and its interface with western science. We will be focussing on the human attention network system and how mindfulness practice relates to it.
Mindfulness is a faculty of the mind that as human beings we all posses to varying degrees. It is a faculty of mind that lays dormant and can be cultivated through the practice of mindfulness and awareness meditation practice.
Date: Saturday 28th October 2023
Time: 10am – 4pm
Please arrive no earlier than 9:45am. Refreshments on arrival.
Ince Benet Retreat Centre | Cross Barn Lane | Ince Blundell | L38 6DJ
A vegetarian lunch will be provided. Please note that lunch will be in silence.
Tea / coffee refreshments on arrival, mid morning / mid afternoon.
Learning Objective |
- You will gain a thorough understanding of what meditation, mindfulness and awareness is.
- You will develop an understanding of the human attention network system.
- You will be guided how to properly meditate and how to develop a daily meditation practice.
- You will taught a variety of different short meditation practices for daily use.
What to bring with you |
- Yoga mat.
- Meditation stool or cushion if you have one but not necessary.
- A small blanket or shawl.
- Whatever else you need to feel comfortable for the day.